“I HATE having IC. I don’t look sick, I can still put on a smile, but NO ONE truly knows or even understands when they look at me the pain I am in. No one knows what I go through at home, with doctors, with drugs, and with the IC symptoms.”
– CAROLE, PERSON LIVING WITH IC/PBS
IMAGINE YOU HAVE IC/PBS
- Every day you go to the bathroom over 20 times, day after day
- You are forced to the emergency room by debilitating pelvic pain
- You avoid sexual intimacy due to bladder pain
- You visit your doctor multiple times, frustrated he has few tools to help
THE IC/PBS PROBLEM
- The disease is characterized by chronic pelvic pain and frequent, painful urination
- Current therapy regimens are inadequate and do not provide durable relief
- Elmiron is the only product specifically approved for IC/PBS and is only modestly effective in approximately 30%to 40% of cases1
- Elmiron is a $270M2 product, despite suboptimal efficacy, sides effects, hight patient discontinuation rates and 3 times a day dosing
THE AQUROS BIO
Aquros Bio has filed for intellectual property protection on several novel drug combinations that will dramatically improve IC/PBS treatment.
Aquros Bio will deliver therapeutic benefit using FDA approved drugs with established efficacy.
The Aquros Bio proprietary drug-eluting gel enables sustained delivery directly to the bladder.
The gel instantly forms a depot that dissolves over time, releasing the drugs at a controlled rate.
AQUROS BIO AT A GLANCE
- Addressing the high unmet needs in IC/PBS
- Developing a combination therapy delivered by an extended release gel
- Led by an experienced team with record of success
- Seeking early stage funding
Aquros Bio leadership has spent their careers developing and launching novel therapies to treat diseases with high unmet need.
The team has a track record of creating value in early stage biotech companies.
AARON DAVIS CEO/Commercial
SOUMITRA GHOSH PhD, Drug Development
DAVID PARKES PhD, Pre-clinical
RICHARD PITTNER PhD, Discovery
DR. EDWARD DAVIS, Medical Advisor
DR. WARREN GRUNDFEST, Drug Delivery Advisor
WILL CLODFELTER, Corporate Strategy
DON RINDELL, Business Development
Key advisors are Dr. Edward Davis, urologist, IC/PBS expert and Dr. Warren Grundfest, a highly regarded biomedical engineering expert and entrepreneur.
For additional information: Contact Aaron Davis at email@example.com
1. Elmiron (pentosan polysulfate sodium) package insert
2. Symphony Health